Barcelona Oculoplastics – (B)OC – is a leading international event, whose purpose is to review and update all of the concepts and issues that need to be addressed when attending to patients that require functional surgery or request cosmetic treatment of the upper part of the face. It is aimed at ophthalmologists with an interest in oculoplastic surgery, oculoplastic surgeons and other professionals with an interest in the periocular area (plastic surgeons, cosmetic doctors, dermatologists, etc.).
Save the date! The next edition will be held on 26 and 27 April 2019.
Barcelona Oculoplastics is a dynamic and practical event that features the participation of renowned invited surgeons, who perform live surgery to resolve eyelid disorders (ptosis, retraction, blepharoplasty, etc.). There will also be a workshop on oculofacial cosmetic surgery, during which real patients will be treated. All activities will showcase the latest trends and approaches.
The event will also include a session to follow up the evolution of patients who were operated on or treated during the 3 previous editions, 2012, 2015 and 2017.
We hope to see and welcome you to the IMO in April 2019.
Friday, April 26
Eyelid ptosis and eyebrow surgery, upper and lower blepharoplasty, midfacelift, etc.
- Dr Naresh Joshi
- Dr José Luis Tovilla
- Dr Raman Malhotra,
- Dr Eduardo Rubin
- Dr Ramón Medel
FOLLOW-UP OF CLINICAL CASES 2012, 2015 & 2017
Dr Juan Carlos Sánchez
- General Concepts. Dr Luz Maria Vásquez
- Aponeurotic ptosis. Applied anatomy and surgical considerations. Dr Marta García Vilaró
- Posterior approach in ptosis surgery. Dr Raman Malhotra
- Which side was it? Dr Ramón Medel
EYEBROW & UPPER EYELID
- General Concepts. Dr Juan Carlos Sánchez
- Lateral eyebrow lift, deep plane and sub cutaneous plane. Dr Carlos Neves
- Endoscopic Frontoplasty. Dr Manuel Tomás
- Upper third approach. Dr Naresh Joshi
- Eyebrow suspension through upper blepharoplasty. Dr Cecilia Rodríguez
Workshop coffee– Facial Rejuvenation 1
- Dr Luz María Vásquez,
- Dr Yerena Muiños
- Dr Cecilia Rodríguez
Surgery. ENDOSCOPIC ANATOMY IN ORBITAL DECOMPRESSION.
- Dr Eduardo Rubin
- Dr Carlos Neves
- Dr Manuel Tomás
- Essential periocular anatomy: a cadaver dissection guide. Dr Carlos Neves
- Frontalis flap in the treatment of craneal dystonias. Dr Santiago Ortiz
- Reconstructive upper eyelid eyelash graft. Dr Gorka Martínez Grau
- Medial Canthoplasty. Transcaruncular approach. Dr José Luis Tovilla
- CONFERENCE. Orbital Descompression. Choosing the best option.Dr Eduardo Rubin
- ROOF management in upper blepharoplasty. Dr Juan Carlos Sánchez
- Non-surgical laser blepharoplasty. Dr Alejandra Tapia
- Eyelid Burns. Dr Vanessa Hristodulopulos
- Floppy eyelid syndrome: Ophthalmologist responsability?
- CONFERENCE. Update on periorbital facial palsy management. Dr Raman Malhotra
Clossure Day 1
Saturday 27 April
MIDFACE & LOWER EYELID
- General Concepts. Dr Luz María Vásquez
- Facial lipoinfiltration and Nanograft. Dr Manuel Tomás
- Canthal surgery. Dr Naresh Joshi
- Midface Lifting & Lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition. Dr Ramón Medel
Workshop coffee–Facial rejuvenation 2
Dr José Raúl Montes, Dr Luz María Vásquez & Dr Cecilia Rodríguez
Conference. Recognition of danger zones & enhancing outcomes in periorbital area.Facial shaping with injectables. Dr José Raúl Montes
- The orbit in neurosurgery. Dr Santiago Ortiz
- Periocular neurofibroma management. Dr Richard Scawn
- Tips in endoscopic lacrimal surgery. Walking through the safe path.Dr Eduardo Rubin
- Infiltrative basal cell carcinoma with orbital invasion. How to deal with disaster. Dr Álvaro Bengoa
- Thixotropy and Hering in facial palsy. Dr José Luis Tovilla
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) in functional epiphora. Dr M. José Couce
- Orbital Xanthogranuloma. Dr Catalina Arboleda
- CONFERENCE. How good are we at managing epiphora. Dr Raman Malhotra
- Basal cell carcinoma in children. Dr Gustavo Matach
- Bilateral congenital ectropion in upper eyelid. Dr Eduardo Prado
- Orbital roof fractures: a challenge to manage. Dr M. Encarnación Correa
- Chalazion’s Biopsy: ¿inflammation or carcinoma? Dr Óscar Balaguer
All scientific sessions will be held at the Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular de Barcelona (IMO).
The IMO is located off Junction 7 of the Ronda de Dalt ring road (mountainside).
Pedestrian access to the centre is in calle Josep María Lladó, no. 3.
The clinic has a parking with over 200 spaces.
IMO Instituto de Microcirugía Ocular
Josep María Lladó, 3
Tel.: (+34) 934 000 700
See the map in Google Maps
GPS navigator coordinates:
41º 24’ 38” N – 02º 07’ 29” E
Junction 7 of the B20 Ronda de Dalt ring road (mountain side). The clinic features a 200-space car park.
- Bus route H2: Bellesguard roundabout, bus stop 1540
- Bus routes H2, 123, 196: Ronda de Dalt – Bellesguard, bus stop 0071
Más información sobre transportes
Hotel Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I *****
Avenida Diagonal 661-671
T: T: +34 93 364 40 40
Hotel Catalonia Mikado ***
Passeig Bonanova, 58
T: +34 93 211 41 66
Hotel Silken St. Gervasi ***
Sant Gervasi de Cassoles, 26
T: +34 93 253 17 40
Hotel Tres Torres Atiram ***
T: +34 93 417 73 00
A city with character
Barcelona is an open, vibrant and creative city with a busy cultural, political, business and commercial life. It is a metropolis where every imaginable language can be heard, as well as a city that invites its residents and visitors alike to discover its Catalan culture and traditions.
Phone: +34 93 253 15 00
Main Tourist Office of Barcelona
Phone: 93 285 38 34 (Plaça Catalunya, 17)
Tourist Information Office Barcelona Airport (El Prat)
Phone: 93 478 47 04
Barcelona Airport (El Prat)
Phone: 902 404 704
All general emergencies
Phone number: 112
National Spanish Police
Phone number: 091
Local Police - Barcelona
Phone number: 092
Police (Mossos d'Esquadra)
Phone number: 088
Medical emergencies - Barcelona
Phone number: 061
Phone number: 080
Report Loss or Theft of cards
4B – VISA Electron – Master Card – VISA
Phone: 902 11 44 00 / 91 362 62 00
Phone: 902 40 11 12
Servired (VISA-VISA Electron-Master Card)
Phone: 902 19 21 00
Phone: 902 37 56 37
Phone: 91 596 53 35
Activity credited by the Catalonian Council for Continuing Education in the Health Professions (CCFCPS), the Commission for Continuing Education in the National Health Service (CFC-SNS) with 1,5 continuing education credits.
This activity is compliant with the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
Fill out this form to register for the event. If you need an invoice you can request it after making the payment.
300 € Before 16 February 2019
350 € After
Cancellation notifications should be sent to email@example.com. If the cancellation is made before 15 February 2019, an administration charge of 30% of the registration fee will be applied. Any registrations cancelled after 15 February 2019 will not be refunded.
Get involved in #Barcelonaoculoplastics
Stay up to date with all the news and updates about the event through our social media channels. We also invite you to share your photos, comments and impressions about the Meeting using the hashtag #Barcelonaoculoplastics.
20 March 2019