This programme is aimed at ophthalmologists with some previous experience and interested in acquiring specialized knowledge in Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery.
The selected students will participate in both theoretical and practical aspects of daily practice. They will also have 90 practicums in the Wetlab included in the training programme (additional practicums will have a supplementary charge).
The evaluation of the student will be done on a continuous basis, by means of a rotation established with each of the specialists in the department. Attendance and participation in the drafting, review and/or monitoring of clinical guidelines are compulsory.
The registration fee is € 8,920. It must be paid by bank transfer.
(IBAN: BBVA ES77 0182 4370 80 0201514067 - SWIFT/BIC: BBVAESMM 0182 4370 80 02015140).
- Patient examination in consultation rooms.
- Performance of supplementary tests.
- Assistance in surgeries.
- Emergency care.
- Participation in research work.
- Presence and participation in teaching activities.
- Participation in all training sessions offered by Grupo Miranza for its specialists.
- Participation in the preparation and monitoring of clinical guidelines.
Conjunctiva and surface pathology:
- Management of conjunctival disorders and chalazion: pterigion, simblefaron, chalazion, ocular rosacea, conjunctival tumours, etc.
- Clinical presentation of eyelid lesions: benign and malignant tumours.
- Management of ocular adnexal trauma: general principles, eyelid damage repair and canthal trauma repair
- Study and management of thermal, chemical and radiation burns, including acute management, intermediate treatment and reconstruction of the eyelids and adnexa as well as the study of possible complications.
- Orbital and periorbital fractures: imaging studies and facial, lateral orbital and supraorbital fractures, etc.
- Orbital floor fractures: study of clinically relevant structures, diagnosis, associated damage, etc.
- Management of: entropion, ectropion, trichiasis, distichiasis, ptosis, lagophthalmos and retraction, tissue loss, etc.
- Brow ptosis study and surgery and blepharoplasty: assessment, correction surgery, blepharoplasty techniques, etc.
- Study and management of entropion and trichiasis: classification, principles of surgical correction, treatment, etc.
- Classification and correction of ectropion: mechanical, cicatricial, atonic, in anophthalmic cavity, etc.
- Classification of eyelid ptosis: classification and preoperative assessment, principles of surgical correction, etc.
- Management of eyelid retraction surgery in patients with Graves’ disease and other causes of eyelid retraction
- Study and current techniques for the treatment of blepharospasm and related conditions
- Treatment and surgical techniques, etc.
- Diagnosis and management of Bell’s palsy: differential diagnosis, clinical examination, etc.
- Surgical reconstruction of lower and upper eyelids with partial or total defects
- Reconstruction of canthal defects: medial, lateral and delayed reconstruction
- Alternative treatments for periocular neoplasms, chemotherapy, cryotherapy, etc.
- Assessment and spectrum of orbital disorders
- Examination and surgical study of the orbit
- Techniques for optic nerve sheath decompression
- Craniofacial and periorbital surgery
- Enucleation and evisceration surgery and study of orbital implants
- Treatment of complications
- Exenteration surgery: indications, surgical techniques, etc.
- Management of anophthalmic cavity deformities, including enophthalmos and contraction
- Care and management of ocular prostheses
- Assessment of the lacrimal system and clinical diagnosis
- Assessment of the lacrimal drainage system, lacrimal irrigation, different diagnostic tests and diagnostic imaging techniques
- Lacrimal issues in children: diagnosis, treatment, etc.
- Surgery of the lacrimal system: techniques and results
- Dacryocystorhinostomy techniques, treatment of canalicular abnormalities, surgery of congenital obstruction of the lacrimonasal duct