This programme is aimed at ophthalmologists with some previous experience and interested in acquiring specialized knowledge in Retina and Vitreous.
The selected students will participate in both theoretical and practical aspects of daily practice. They will also have 90 practicums in the Wetlab included in the training programme (additional practicums will have a supplementary charge).
The evaluation of the student will be done on a continuous basis, by means of a rotation established with each of the specialists in the department. Attendance and participation in the drafting, review and/or monitoring of clinical guidelines are compulsory.
The registration fee is € 8,920. It must be paid by bank transfer.
(IBAN: BBVA ES77 0182 4370 80 0201514067 - SWIFT/BIC: BBVAESMM 0182 4370 80 02015140).
- Patient examination in consultation rooms.
- Performance of supplementary tests.
- Assistance in surgeries.
- Emergency care.
- Participation in research work.
- Presence and participation in teaching activities.
- Participation in all training sessions offered by Grupo Miranza for its specialists.
- Participation in the preparation and monitoring of clinical guidelines.
Retinal detachment in its various forms
- Rhegmatogenous and secondary.
- Clinical study, differential diagnosis and treatment.
- Patient assessment in the consulting room and surgical treatment.
- Complementary tests for better understanding of retinal detachment: biomicroscopy, ultrasound examination in one- and two-dimensional B mode, panoramic photography of the fundus and study with optical coherence tomography
Retinal vascular disorders
- Diabetic retinopathy is covered in detail with respect to diagnosis with angiography and tomography and its intraretinal and proliferative forms.
- Surgical indications and treatment with photocoagulation or vitrectomy.
- On-going trials for the treatment of the disorder.
- Study and collection of documentation and participation in clinical trials.
- Other retinal vascular diseases will be studied, such as obstruction of the central and branch vein and new treatments.
- Degeneration of the macula, assessment of its various forms by means of fluorescein angiography, indocyanine green angiography and other methods.
- Treatment with thermal photocoagulation, transpupillary thermotherapy, photodynamic therapy and macular translocation.
- Macular hole.
- Accurate re-assessment of diagnosis with OCT and other methods.
- Macular hole surgery.
- The macular epiretinal membrane and dissection of the internal limiting membrane, indications and technique.
- Particular attention is paid to melanoma and its diagnostic and therapeutic aspects.
- Practical examination of different treatments with new photocoagulation techniques, radiation therapy with plaques and tumour resection.
- Participation in multi-centre and pilot studies on different types of tumour.
- Posterior uveitis, classification and medical and surgical treatment.
- The study of patients with chronic inflammation and on-going trials with intraocular devices to control inflammation.
- Surgical indications for inflammatory processes.
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis.
- The current role of ocular electrophysiology in the diagnosis of fundus disorders.
- Current genetic studies.