What can we do with your donation?
An optical correction/low prescription glasses.
An optical correction/high prescription glasses.
10 occlusive treatments for 3 months.
Fill in your details to receive a donation certificate to claim tax relief in your income tax return.
Other ways to donate
You can also make your donations by making a bank transfer to the account of the IMO Foundation
IBAN: ES74 0182 4370 8102 0151 5527
FUNDACIÓ DE RECERCA DE L’INSTITUT DE MICROCIRURGIA OCULAR DE BARCELONA (FUNDACIÓN IMO), with Tax ID Code G6529995, acts as a content owner, facilitator and manager of this website. FUNDACIÓN IMO informs its Users that it complies with current data protection regulations and, specifically, with Law 15/1999, of 13 December, on Personal Data Protection and with the Law on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, i.e. Law 34/2002, of 11 July.
Any other business, commercial, administrative or good and/or service procurement activity is the responsibility of the organisation mentioned above, that is to say, the owner of this domain.
In accordance with current regulations, FUNDACIÓN IMO only collects the data that is strictly necessary to provide the services resulting from its activities and other services, procedures and activities assigned by law.
This data protection policy may vary over time, due to possible legislative and case-law changes or those regarding the criteria followed by the Spanish Data Protection Agency and/or the competent authority at all times. That is why FUNDACIÓN IMO reserves the right to amend this legal notice to adapt it to new legislation or jurisprudence in force at the very moment the websites are accessed, as well as industry practice.
In the above assumptions, FUNDACIÓN IMO shall promptly announce, on this website, the changes introduced before their implementation.
All data provided by email or electronic forms will be processed according to current regulations on the protection of personal data and shall be in any case confidential for the staff at FUNDACIÓN IMO managing such information.
INFORMATION ON THE VOLUNTARY NATURE OF DATA COLLECTION
Users of the website are informed that the answers to the questions raised in the data collection forms that may be contained in this website are voluntary, but refusal to provide the requested information may result in the inability to access services requiring it.
By implementing the forms included in the different websites related to the content facilitation and management carried out by FUNDACIÓN IMO Users accept the incorporation and processing of data provided in a personal data file, which is owned by FUNDACIÓN IMO, whereas the relevant rights under the following clause may be exercised.
INFORMATION FOR USERS ON DATA ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, CANCELLATION AND OPPOSITION RIGHTS
Users may exercise, in relation to data collected in the manner described in the previous section, the rights recognised in Law 15/1999 and, specifically, data access, rectification, opposition and/or cancellation rights. The rights referred to in the preceding paragraph may be exercised by each User through a written and signed request, accompanied by a photocopy of their ID or passport, sent to the following address:
FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE SECURITY MANAGER.
C/ Josep Maria Lladó 3, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Moreover, if a User does not wish to receive information via email or any other means, they can communicate this by any means providing proof of receipt to FUNDACIÓN IMO at the indicated address.
INFORMATION ON HOW LONG AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE DATA ARE STORED
Exclusively contact details (basic in nature), such as name, last name and email. This information is received by FUNDACIÓN IMO and may be transferred to any other legal person linked to the Instituto de Microcirugía Ocular DOS S.L.P.
FUNDACIÓN IMO is responsible for these files containing personal data, created by and for FUNDACIÓN IMO with the purpose of maintaining and managing the relationship with Users, of informing and distributing the organisation’s services, as well as conducting various activities.
We also inform that the information in the databases may be used to identify Users and for statistical studies of registered Users.
During data collection, and whenever data is requested, Users will be informed of the mandatory or voluntary nature of data collection and, if that is not implicitly inferred from the electronic form in question, of the need for implementation thereof for the User access to certain content provided on the websites.
Where appropriate, User consent will be asked for FUNDACIÓN IMO to make use of their data in order to send them information on the organisation, the activities it develops or other related topics.
USER COMMITMENT TO REGISTERING THEIR DATA IN A FILE
AVOIDING DATA TRANSFER TO THIRD-PARTY COMPANIES WITHOUT USER CONSENT
Moreover, unless the User has been informed of the possible existence of data transfers of to third parties, such as information on their uses and specialties, in no case, except in those covered by current legislation and the authorisations in the following paragraphs, shall any third party outside FUNDACIÓN IMO have access, without express consent of the Users, to their personal details and/or navigation data. In all other cases, FUNDACIÓN IMO shall cooperate for third parties to comply with current legislation, although the said third parties shall be liable in those matters.
FUNDACIÓN IMO may transfer the Users’ personal details of this website to legal persons linked to Instituto de Microcirugía Ocular DOS S.L.P.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THE INFORMATION MAILING LIST
In those cases where the user discloses data through contact forms by FUNDACIÓN IMO, these may be unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
USER LIABILITY FOR USE AND CONTENT
Both access to the websites and the use made of the information and content included therein shall be the sole responsibility of the person performing them. Therefore, the use made of the information, images, content and/or reviewed products that are accessible through the same shall be subject to applicable law, be it national or international, as well as the principles of good faith and lawful use by the Users, who will be entirely responsible for the said access and proper use. Users are obliged to make reasonable use of the services or content, under the principle of good faith and abiding by current legislation, morality, public order, good morals, the rights of third parties or of the own company, all according to the possibilities and purposes for which they were conceived. FUNDACIÓN IMO assumes no responsibility, whether direct or indirect, for consequential damage or lost profits arising from the misuse of services or contents by Users or third parties.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE LAW ON INFORMATION SOCIETY SERVICES AND ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
In compliance with the information duty referred to in Article 10 of current Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, we inform you that the facilitator and manager of the website content, where you can download different applications and/or information, is FUNDACIÓN IMO, established at C/ Josep Maria Lladó 3, 08035 Barcelona, Spain, and as regards the management of the Internet domain http://www.fundacionimo.org/, registered in the corresponding records, while catering to communications from users and/or interested parties by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any other business, commercial, administrative or good and/or service procurement activity is the responsibility of the company mentioned above, which is the owner of this domain.
INFORMATION ON THE USE OF OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
The company is only liable for the content and management of the websites it owns or on which it holds rights of a similar nature. Any other website or social network or online data repository outside this website is the responsibility of their legitimate owners.
FUNDACIÓN IMO collaborates in an ordinary fashion with different applications and web environments, and always recommends that all users carefully read the corresponding legal notices and privacy policies before accessing these web environments, while only accessing them once they have understood and accepted in full the said legal text.
FUNDACIÓN IMO undertakes to check the content being posted on such social networks and expel those users who misuse them.
FUNDACIÓN IMO recommends, following instructions by the National Institute of Communication Technologies (INTECO) and the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD) as to the use of social networks or browsing in web environments, executing the following actions (in case they are used some day):
- All Users are advised to resort to the use of pseudonyms and personal nicknames, with which to operate over the Internet, thus allowing them to feature a true "digital identity" that does not compromise the security of their personal and professional life.
- Users are recommended to take special care when publishing audiovisual content and graphics on their profiles, since they may be putting at risk the privacy and intimacy of people around them in this case.
- It is recommended to properly set the privacy degree of the user profile on the social network, so it is not completely public, but only people who have been previously tagged as "friends" or "direct contacts” by the user have access to the information published in the profile.
- It is recommended to accept as a contact only known people or with whom you have some prior relationship, while not compulsively accepting all contact requests received and always researching, wherever possible and necessary, who is the person requesting contact through the social network.
- It is recommended not to publish physical contact information in the user profile, hence allowing anyone to know where you live, work or study on a daily basis or the entertainment venues where you usually hang around.
- Users of microblogging tools are recommended to take special care regarding the publication of information on places where they are at all times.
- It is recommended to use and publish only content regarding which the appropriate intellectual property rights are met. Otherwise, the user will be committing a civil wrong that is protectable by the national courts.
- Users are advised to use different usernames and passwords to enter the various social networks they are a member of.
- It is recommended to use passwords with a minimum length of 8 characters, alphanumeric and case-sensitive.
- All users are advised to have an antivirus software installed and properly updated on their computers.
- Minors must not disclose too many personal details. You should never provide data to strangers.
- You should read all information concerning the website. It explains who its owners are and the purpose for which data are requested.
- If the user is under fourteen, the consent of the parents or legal guardians is also needed. In these cases, wherever data is requested by a social network, the parents or legal guardians should be asked if they approve the subscription or not.
- Usernames and passwords should not be communicated to third parties nor shared with friends or classmates. These details are private and should not be communicated to third parties and/or strangers.
- Whenever there is any doubt about a situation arising from the use of social networks and collaborative tools, parents or legal guardians should be asked.
- The computer must be kept in a common area at home.
- Rules on the use of the Internet should be set at home.
- Parents should know the operation and possibilities of such platforms, both positive and negative.
- Activate parental control and the platform’s control tools and set the parent’s or legal guardian’s mail as secondary mail contact.
- Ensure that age verification controls are implemented.
- Ensure proper installation of a content blocker.
- Raise awareness and inform children about safety aspects.
- Explain to children that they should never meet people they have known in the online world and that, if they do, they must always be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
- Make sure that children know the risks and implications of hosting content, such as videos and photographs, as well as the use of web cameras via social networks.
- Check the child’s user profile.
- Ensure that the child only accesses the pages recommended for their age.
- Ensure that children do not use their full name.